You can use this API action to access a provider's findings or interpretations of a diagnostic procedure, as documented by a specific organization.
This API action may be a good fit for your organization if you perform any of these use cases:
- Track the completion of a diagnostic procedure for a patient.
- Review documents with a provider’s interpretation of a diagnostic procedure (e.g., interpretation of an MRI).
- Provide access to one or more result documents on a mobile app for users.
- Review interpretation results of a diagnostic procedure for billing or coding purposes.
- Review laboratory data or imaging results.
- Recommend a course of treatment based on test results.
The returned data fields may be free text or discrete data/images.
You can use this API action with the Redox FHIR® API.
Your connection's system can return results with their own FHIR® or query-based API.
The following actions must be completed before attempting the steps below.
This table has notes about how to use parameters for this API action specifically, but it's not exhaustive. Refer to the DiagnosticReport resource schema for more details.
You must include at least one identifier for the patient that the EHR system uses.
If the diagnostic report is the result of a patient visit, then you can include the encounter ID to locate the correct document.
If the diagnostic report is the result of an order, then you can include the order ID to locate the correct document.
This is the date and time of the diagnostic report.
This is the provider or healthcare organization that offered commentary or explanation for the patient's diagnostic results. This may be a different organization than the one that produced the diagnostic test(s) and result(s).
Your search returns a list of potential matches with attachments or references to additional resources.