Redox enables you to connect and communicate with healthcare organizations, EHR systems, medical device manufacturers, health tech companies, or payers, to name a few. With Redox, you can compose data and services to fit the healthcare business needs of your organization. Use Redox Connect to explore 5,800 possible organizations that you can work with.
By setting up your own configuration with Redox, you can use the same code for multiple integrations. And regardless of connectivity requirements, Redox helps you exchange healthcare data via our HITRUST-certified platform. See a technical overview about Redox.
To make integration work, Redox normalizes data between systems. Normalizing means changing how the data is represented, or mapped, into a consistent schema. Check out our API reference to see what data we normalize.
Normalization and translation are just the start. Explore data exchange basics for more.
Depending on your workflow, we have a few different products to help you achieve your goals.
- Redox Nexus™: Our fundamental offering, which allows you to securely exchange healthcare data with your connections. If you don't need any advanced features, we also offer Redox Nexus Lite™.
- Redox Access™: Our clinical network offering, which allows you to integrate with networks like the Carequality Interoperability Framework or DirectTrust.
- Redox Chroma™ EMPI powered by Verato: We partnered with Verato to provide a single source of truth for patient identity so you know who is who. You can link patient identity records within and across multiple disparate data sources for higher quality decision-making, operational efficiency, and an improved user experience.
- Redox Nova™: Our cloud offering, which allows you to connect with cloud providers like Google.
To learn more about any of these products, talk to a Redoxer.
Once you have your configuration with Redox set up, you can use one of our APIs to integrate with your connections. You can use one or a combination of the following:
- Redox Data Model API: Use JSON data models and corresponding event types to communicate with your integrations. Learn about the Data Model API.
- Redox FHIR® API: Use FHIR® resources and corresponding interactions or operations to communicate with your integrations. Learn about the FHIR® API.
- Redox Platform API: Use the Platform API to automate or perform other dashboard actions. Learn about the Platform API.
Or, check out our list of alternative integrations if you're looking for other options.
Regardless of your chosen integration method, you may find that you could benefit from customization, like filters, which we can help you with. Learn about filters.
Regardless of your integration type, we offer an interactive UI to configure, troubleshoot, and understand the health of your integrations. We call this the Redox dashboard.
As a heads up, the Redox dashboard times out after 15 minutes of inactivity, whether you use single sign-on (SSO) or not. We implemented this timeout to meet HITRUST standards, which include specific requirements for timeout mechanisms. You must re-authenticate your session any time your session times out or is closed.
So your company has security guidelines—so do we! Learn how we handle security and compliance.
You may also be interested in how we manage these basic things for security:
Or, you may want to put some controls in place to restrict access to the assets in your system to relevant users only. Learn how to manage access for your Redox organization.