Need data for a patient from multiple healthcare organizations? One option is setting up business agreements with lots of individual organizations and querying them one at a time. Or you can use Redox Access™, which allows you to make one connection to gain access to the entire Carequality Interoperability Framework.
Carequality is a nationwide network of healthcare organizations with over 600K providers, 50K clinics, over 4,200 hospitals, and millions of patient records. Carequality participants exchange over 150M clinical summary documents every month. Find out more about Carequality.
- Lightning-fast onboarding. Use our extensive experience to get to production and value within days. As your implementer, we complete your certification process, and our self-service wizard lets you set up Access at your own pace.
- Modern technology. Standards are hard—and they get harder when you combine multiple types. Let us do the heavy-lifting by using our proven data models to get you up and running.
- Management and maintenance. We provide tools to:
- build out your organization while staying in sync with Carequality;
- protect you from sending invalid data; and
- answer your questions.
The beauty of being a Carequality participant is accessing details about a patient's medical history without requiring individual integrations with every other participant. From one network, you can get information like allergies, diagnoses, medications, and more.
Since sharing is caring, you're required to share your data in return with other Carequality participants. Carequality has two foundational requirements to make sure that a patient's entire clinical history is available nationwide to retrieve:
- Mutual exchange: Carequality participants must respond to all incoming requests with a purpose of use of Treatment. An organization is only exempt from mutual exchange if they're a:
- government agency
- on-paper organization
- emergency medical service
- specialty pharmacy
- Open exchange: Carequality participants must respond in a non-discriminatory fashion with no terms, fees, or conditions.
If your organization doesn't meet the exceptions mentioned above, you're required to respond to incoming requests with your unique clinical data.
Carequality supports the exchange of C-CDA documents, which is an industry-standard for exchanging patient and visit information.
The two primary types of supported documents are patient summaries and visit summaries. Patient summaries represent a nearly current snapshot of a patient's chart, while visit summaries contain a patient’s chart for a specific visit. Visit summaries are considered accurate as of the visit date.
We're a certified Carequality implementer. Implementers are approved to help organizations like yours connect to Carequality. Basically, we serve as your on-ramp the Carequality Framework. With us as your implementer, you can start exchanging data in a matter of days rather than months.
As your implementer, we complete the following steps for you:
- Sign the Carequality Connected Agreement and get accepted by Carequality.
- Develop legacy exchange technologies to facilitate exchange.
- Test successfully with Carequality participants.
- Make sure you follow with Carequality's rules for use.
Being a Carequality participant can entail a high volume of incoming queries. These volumes are influenced by factors like your geographic location or the number of facilities within your organization.
Many Carequality participants automatically trigger queries by running algorithms with radius-based searching around the patient’s address. So, rural areas may receive 10K–25K of these requests daily, whereas geographic areas with high population density—like the San Francisco Bay Area or New York metropolitan area—may see daily query volumes of up to 200K per location.
As your responder, we can shield you from this traffic and simplify your flow so that you only have to send new or updated information to us. We take care of the rest with the data you already have.
If you prefer to respond to queries yourself, you won't qualify for Access pricing. Talk to a Redoxer to discuss options and pricing.
Access has a limit of 25K messages per day and Carequality location. A message may be a query or push event type via Access. That limit still includes patient searches that don't return matches.