With Redox Access™, you can perform these API actions while integrating with the Carequality Interoperability Framework:
- Search for a patient with demographics: Find organizations that have a record for your patient and obtain demographics and identifiers.
- Retrieve patient documents: Retrieve patient summaries and other clinical documents.
Before you can use these API actions, though, you must complete some "pre-work."
- Log in to the Redox dashboard.
- From the navigation menu, click the Redox Access page.
- In the Qualify for Carequality section, click the See if you qualify for Carequality... link.
- A modal opens with the Carequality qualifications:
- In the Carequality Terms section, open and review the Carequality Connection Terms. Click the checkbox to confirm and accept the Carequality Connection Terms.Failing to comply with Carequality rules
- Review the Purpose of Use Treatment section. If you meet the purpose of use, click the checkbox to assert that your organization qualifies for the accepted purpose of use.Treatment
- In the National Provider Identifier field, enter your National Provider ID (NPI) number. When you search for patients within the Carequality Framework, your NPI is appended to all your requests.
- In the Website field, enter your company's web address. We require this to approve your application.
- In the Redox Cloud Services Agreement, open and review the Cloud Services Agreement. Click the checkbox to confirm and accept.
- Once you've filled out all the fields and certified all the terms in the modal, click the Submit button.
- The modal closes. In the Qualify for Carequality section, your approval status appears along with the submission date.
While you're waiting to be approved, you can go ahead and generate your credentials.
- In the Credentials section, click the Generate credentials button.
- The Credentials section populates with these values:
- Source identifier
- API key
- API secret
- Patient OID
- Organization OID
- Document OID
- Data on demand destination ID
You can use these credentials to test your integration with Carequality.
Now you're ready to perform technical validation. We provide a Postman collection and environment to use for testing.
- In the Technical Validation section, click the Download Postman Collection button, then click the Download Postman Environment button.
- Open Postman and import the downloaded collection and environment.
There are notes within the Postman collection to the right of most of the directories. These comments can help you decide between your options, explain the specific fields, and tell you what may change between production/staging environments or individual queries. The comments also indicate which environment variables change regularly.
The values are found within the environment and include comments with the following prefixes:
Keep this value the same except when switching from staging to production.
Copy these unique-to-you values from the wizard and paste in the Current Value field.
Enter this value based on your specific organization (i.e., your organization’s name).
Populates automatically, typically for ID or ID type fields. We do this by automatically saving any ID or ID type fields that you received from previous calls, then automatically populating for future calls.
To complete technical validation, you must send test messages to validate your system. We divide each of these tests into their own how-to: